Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Sharpness of the Nikon 200-500mm f5.6 lens


I know there will be a lot of people that don't find this interesting but for the ones that are thinking about a new zoom lens, this is for  you. (And for Paul since he was playing with his zoom lenses!)

Just out of curiosity one day I took a photo of a woman sitting on the beach reading a book. I had a Nikon 1.4 teleconverter on the 200-500mm f5.6 lens so this first shot is at 280mm and I was about 100 feet away.

I took the second shot at 700mm and cropped it 50% just to see if I could make out any of the words.


Needless to say, I was impressed with the results! Even with a teleconverter I can zoom in on this photo and read the words on the page without any problem. 



If you are thinking about one of these lenses you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 100 feet, that's pretty impressive alright and sharp too!

    This lens gets some pretty good reviews on the internet too.

    Did you happen to see the Sigma 200-500 f/2.8? when you were shopping for your Nikon lens? Only $31,032.21 Canadian...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that. I think I will buy a new truck instead! LOL

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!