Friday, August 24, 2018

Hurricane Sunset


I took this photo from my lanai last night as the weather man on the TV said we were getting torrential downpours. Don't these guys ever look out a window??
 
I was lazy last night and took this with my cell phone. Had I been more enthusiastic I would have been on a beach in Kihei taking photos with a real camera. In my defense I blame the weather man who said it was going to rain constantly so I didn't expect to see a sunset.
 
Maui has been lucky with this storm as it appears to be sheering apart and might not get to us at all. The poor folks on the Big Island have been suffering though. Some spots there have received over 30 inches of rain in the last two days and they are having massive flooding.

2 comments:

  1. Nice sunset capture even if it's with your cell phone. You're getting as bad as me! LOL
    Don't know if you've seen this site but it has an amazing amount of weather related information. https://www.windy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad to hear that! I’m sure Val happy to see the hurricane steered away from Kauai.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!