Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Getting Frosty!

We had a winter storm here over the weekend. The top of Haleakala got snow and it's still there today. 

The storm was expected but it got worse than they thought it would. Hurricane force winds on Haleakala Sunday. A lot of the isalnd lost power and internet for a day, some people two (inlcuding me) and they closed the summit or I would have been up there taking more photos. This one was taken from my yard.

It has been cold and rainy for the last few days and Sunday we had 85mph winds. It got down to 35 degrees at my house and I had to wear long pants with shoes and socks!

I think it's time to head down the moutnain and find a warm beach!

4 comments:

  1. Maui at 35°, hurricane force winds, snow... I saw that on the news tonight, crazy!

    Perhaps you should take a break from the winter weather and come for a visit to Northern Vancouver Island. We have no snow, no wind, no pesky tourists and it was sunny all day today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha Paul!!

    I have a friend who has been wanting to go to Vancouver for ever and then roadtrip down the coast to California. We have a few roadtrips planned and when we make the one to Vancouver we will stop in and see you. It will be this summer or fall when we make that trip but I will let you know.

    For now I will just drive down the moutnain to a beach somewhere. :~)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Q and family are going to be up my way early this summer for a few days perhaps if your timing worked out...

      Delete
    2. That might be a possible. We are talking about that Vancouver trip early this summer but I'm not sure exactly when. I may end up in Germany for a couple of weeks first.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!