Sunday, April 4, 2010

More beach stuff

The local name for the critters in the upper picture is "Gumboots". I don't know their real name but they are related to slugs and snails but have a segmented armoured shell covering their body. On the underside is a large suction pad. These I have eaten (you eat the pad) they are tough but tasty when cooked.

A couple of colourful "Starfish" which arn't really fish at all. Aparently they belong to the echinoderm family not that I know anything about echinoderms or anything...




1 comment:

  1. All three of these are really nice photos and the education factor ain't bad either! Great color on the "echinoderms".

    I don't know that I would want to eat a sea slug though, I think I'd have to be REALLY hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!