Thursday, June 17, 2010

Shooting in the rain

We had a little rain storm hear on Monday, got a measly five inches of rain in just a few hours, and during a break in one of the torrential down pours I had the bright idea of driving to the top of one of the mountains to try to get some shots of lightning.

Yea, I know, I might as well be trying to take a plant away from a buffalo but it seemed like a really good idea at the time! I didn't get any lightning shots but I did get this shot of a cloud forming below me just before the sky opened up again. What looks like fog in the background is actually rain falling.

2 comments:

  1. I heard you had a little rain down your way...

    I'll bet you took a nice big metal frame umbrella to stand under too! LOL

    Interesting photograph with the cloud forming, also the landscape has that odd tint to it that only comes out when the weather is really nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always like to see Rain on (My Mountains)

    The birth of new clouds is always a special moment!

    I believe these ancient mountains sometimes creates their own weather systems.

    Keep on being there to capture these moments!mp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!