Thursday, February 22, 2018

A really big fish!


I was cruising down the highway on my way to an art show one day and looked out at the ocean to see this nuclear submarine slowly moving along in the channel.

The navy routinely runs training missions in the channel but you never, ever see a submarine surfaced in the channel. At least I never have in the 13 years I've been coming to Maui. I watched the submarine for over an hour cruise through the channel and out to sea. It almost seemed as if they were making sure some one, some where, new they were there. Kind of a "hey look, we're here" type of thing.

Normally I would think they were just doing something benign however the week before this I watched as two large military aircraft (they looked like C-130s) flew in the channel in a formation and only about 500 feet off the deck. The week after I saw the submarine I was on a whale tour and got buzzed by two military Huey helicopters. These three different encounters all happened about two weeks after the "accidental" nuclear missile warning scare we had here. Hmmmm....

Of course when I saw the rain showers in the background on Lana'i behind the submarine all those conspiracies thoughts went away. I just wanted to get a photo!!

2 comments:

  1. Now that's something you don't see every day... Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i would love to see that so cool.. great capture the clouds are amazing as well

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!