Saturday, August 11, 2018

Underwater on Maui



 
I decided to go snorkeling on Thursday at Po'olenalena beach near Kihei not thinking about what the hurricane would do to the waters. Even though it was more than two hundred miles away the weather created a south swell which churned the waters up pretty good close to shore.
 
I had to swim out about 100 yards off shore before it cleared up enough that I could actually see more than 10 feet in any direction. I ended up with two decent turtle shots and that was it.
 
In hindsight I probably should have just stayed on shore and worked on my tan. The number one rule here is don't swim into the sandy/murky waters because the sharks can't tell you're not dinner and you could get eaten.

1 comment:

  1. Three nice turtle captures but that last turtle looks a bit funny... Must be one of those "Teenage Mutant Ninga Turtles"! :)

    I'm thinking risking a sunburn would be better than risking a shark encounter alright... Oh well, now you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!