Saturday, August 2, 2014

Busy as a....

 Finally had a day off from work so I got a chance to get out with the camera. I initially went out to get pictures of my daughter at 9 months old and while I out doing that we happened upon some flower beds busy with bees and butterflies. Here is one that I took while out. I shot this with the D300 and the 17-55mm f2.8 lens, hand held. I didn't have a lot of zoom but this lens produces a very crisp image which allowed me to crop the image to what you see above. Below is the shot I cropped it out of. I would guess that I cropped it around 65 percent of the original.  

5 comments:

  1. These are very colorful, and I like it has a shallow depth of field to it. Also, I'm glad you put a good use to this lens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got this one perfect, the depth of field is just right to get all your subject in focus!

    Sure nice having those extra megapixels to work with when it comes to cropping a picture...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous shots. So colorful and vibrant.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cropped shot is really great. The detail and colors are perfect. The angle you tool the shot from really makes the flower pop right at you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!