Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Sunset wave


I was out Sunday afternoon looking for photo opportunities when I saw some waves breaking really nicely along one of the beaches. This made me pull over and my wife and I spent an hour sitting on the beach photographing waves. 

This shot was taken about five minutes before the sun went down behind the clouds and the island of Lana'i.  The hardest thing about getting this shot was trying to get it without any surfers in the photo. We weren't the only ones that noticed the waves. Within about 30 minutes of us stopping we had about 15 surfers show up and head out into the water.

2 comments:

  1. Good timing on this shot and the golden hour light is the icing on the cake as they say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast and reflection that the sun light on the wave made. Great shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!