Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hurricanes in Kansas???

Yesterday we got pounded again by a storm during what the "professional" weather people said was only a 20% chance of rain. This 20% brought 100 mile an hour winds and sheets of rain!! We received 2 1/2 inches of rain in just over thirty minutes. I took a little video and a few photos as it was blowing through. I had to dodge the plants on my front porch as they got blown over and sent sliding down the porch.

This photo was taken just as the storm was coming in. The only enhancement to the photo was resizing so it would go on the blog. You can see that it was so dark that I was using the flash just so you could see the ground. This photo was taken at two o'clock in the AFTERNOON!!


I opened the aperture up on the video camera so I could get more light and be able to see the rain. This made the video brighter than the photo. The storm only lasted about 45 minutes and I was pulling tree branches from the yard after that. Now I have to buy a new flag because the storm literally shredded the one I had.

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy! We get some nasty winter storms here, but there are a few low hills between us and the ocean, so not so bad on the wind. As far as weather forecasters go, the ones around here arn't much better than yours... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!