Thursday, August 13, 2009

Reflections

Paul is making it very difficult for me not to start putting up some more photos from Hawaii. I don't know how long I can hold out but until then...........

I came across this pond in central Kansas yesterday and wanted to see if I could catch the reflections in the water. There were only two tiny clouds in the sky at the time so I didn't get as much subject matter in the water as I would have liked. The trees seemed to reflect nicely though.

I took this photo using a split neutral density filter to take some of the brightness out of the empty sky.

1 comment:

  1. I have never played with ND filters before as I don't own any (yet), however I can think of quite a number of pictures I've taken that would have benefited by the use of this technique.

    Is this filter you have adjustable or is it fixed at 50/50? Or perhaps you have a number of these ND filters?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!