Tuesday, August 25, 2009

St. Louis, Mo, A city in need of help

In my opinion anyway. I occasionally have to travel to St. Louis for work and I absolutely hate it. The traffic is terrible no matter what time of day it is and they are ALWAYS working on the roads. This shot was taken as I was driving into town. I had to get up at 0 dark-thirty and drive the four and a half hours to get there and the sun was just cresting the horizon and trying to burn off the fog when I arrived. I should have known it was going to be a bad day when I hit the fog near the city limits!

St. Louis has let a lot of the old buildings just fall apart and/or fall down. There are blocks and blocks of delapidated buildings and many, many areas of just clear land where they have demolished these buildings and left the land sitting empty. Some of the neighborhoods remind me of a bombed out portion of Beirut.

Here is an old church that has been standing since the very early 1900's that has just gone to waste. It sits empty, and has for years, and the vandals have broken out the windows and a lot of the wood has rotted away.

I just hate to see buildings, especially something like this church that has some nice architecture
to it, go to waste.

1 comment:

  1. Three good pictures and a great commentary to go with. Interesting the rot from within in a city of this size. Actually a mirror of the entire state of things these days all over! Eventually everything will fly off the rails I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!