Monday, July 24, 2017

It's a guacamole tree!


The house we have here on Maui has a couple of fruit bearing trees on it and one of them happens to be an avocado tree.  My wife really likes the guacamole that I make so she is extremely happy.


My recipe, which was given to me by a friend (thank you Bridget!) is;

Avocado of course, mashed with a fork so it is creamy but with some small chunks left in. To that you add finely chopped onion (I prefer red onion but white or yellow will work), jalapeno, tomato, cilantro, a little salt and some fresh squeezed lime juice. Finely chopping the onion, cilantro, tomato and jalapeno makes all the difference in the taste so don't get lazy with your knife skills.

Add a bag of tortilla chips with a cold beer or margarita and you're good to go!


3 comments:

  1. I eat an avocado everyday and pay the grocery store price! lol I envy your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that taste good just came off the tree. You might add some bacon on it next time like I ate here at one of the Mexican restaurant. Also, I usually made myself some avocado smoothies during hot summer months. One avocado, 1/4 cup of condensed milk "add more if you don't cares about your glucose level", 1/2 cup of milk, and 10-15 cubes of ice. If it's too thick, add more milk, and if you are in a good mood, add couple shots of Kauai Rum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making my mouth water, your recipe sounds deliceous!

    Around here we get two kinds of avacados in the grocery store... Rock hard or rotten. Yet another reason to move to Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!