Friday, October 6, 2017

A $4000 photo!


No, I didn't sell it for that (I wish). That's what the equipment cost that ended up in the bottom of the creek when I fell!

That's one of the hazards of trying to shoot waterfalls. To get the good shots you almost always have to cross water to get to the "sweet spot". In my pursuit of the shot I slipped on a slimy rock and ended up in the water. My arm that I was holding the camera in hit a rock and the camera popped loose and ended up in the bottom of the creek.

It was a VERY bad day!! I brought the camera and lens home and stuck them in a bucket of rice to try and draw the moisture out but the electronics were fried. So now I have a really great paper weight for my desk!

This was the last shot in that camera. The only thing that worked when I got home was the memory card so I at least got to have a photograph for the day.

3 comments:

  1. Aye yai yai... Ouch for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least you're not hurt, just your feeling! But, I'm sure you got over it after 5 min. It's a good story to tell to a customer when they bought this photo. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!