Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Well......


.... I did it!

Welcome to the Trade Winds Gallery in Makawao, Hawai'i.

We opened yesterday and are still tweaking the set up a little but our Grand opening is this Friday.

If you ever find yourself on Maui please come upcountry and take a look.

You can also like us on facebook. Yes, I actually signed up for facebook. As much as I don't like it, facebook is the way to keep in touch with customers and show the new and exciting things that we will have going on in the gallery.

Besides fine art photography we also have two jewelry makers, a silversmith and a bead and gold worker, and a family of wood carvers carrying on a family tradition through four generations.

Come see us! Even if you don't find anything you would like to buy you will get a trip to Maui out of it!

7 comments:

  1. Right on, about time! Now you have a place to display (and now also sell) your photos besides on the internet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mahalo Paul!

      I have been doing weekly shows on the island selling that way and I had tried to get into some of the other galleries on the island but they are all "full" with photographers and wouldn't even look at my work. Being the stubborn old goat that I am, I decided to just open my own gallery and let them come see my work here.

      I will still do one or two shows a week on the island to draw customers to the gallery but I'm hoping after this coming "high season" I won't have to do too many traveling shows.

      Delete
  2. Who you a stubborn old goat, never would have suspected! :)

    You might want to consider adding Pinterest and Twitter to your "Social Media" websites. If you link them them with Facebook you only need to post on one site and it shows up on all three. Lots of exposure for your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby steps Paul, baby steps. Remember, I'm an old guy. I'm still trying to figure out the whole facebook thing. :~)

      Delete
    2. Facebook is easy... Get as many followers as you can, post every waking moment of your life and express your opinion about everything. Basicly it's all about creating drama which is the social thing to do, people spend many hours a day at it and it makes them happy!

      Delete
    3. You make it sound soooo inviting! No wonder I stayed away from it. LOL

      Delete
  3. Awesome! It looks very nice! Congrats on your new business. 👏👏👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!