Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cow Manners

Chewing Her Cud
Pardon the little drool coming from the corner of this white faced heifers mouth. It comes with the act of being calm and content while chewing one's cud. Droopy eyelids complete the picture!


5 Minutes Till Showtime
The nicely conformed Hereford was a contestant at the Canadian County, Oklahoma-Free Fair. A sweet young lady vying for Best of Breed. Trying to give her some pointers, I reminded her, (using my best cow tact), that it would probably be to her advantage while in the show arena to chew with her mouth closed!


Cow Manners
Surprisingly she immediately took my advice. One big tongue lick and the drool was gone and her game face was on. Let the judging begin! 

First Place Winner! 

10 comments:

  1. oh, she's a beauty queen, for sure! thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! My grands show hogs, but I always take a peek at the show cows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cow whisperer, who would have known? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's more unhappy about being tied so close. She can't look around to check out the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love county fairs! Whoever is showing this heifer has really got her cleaned up and looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cow! I hope she bring home a big trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures. My kids show critters. Your pictures remind me of fair time. How busy and how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is a Beauty and groomed so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a fine teacher of etiquette, Parker. These photos are beautifully clear and focused.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!