Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sunflower "seens"

"Stages"
Walking off the paved park path alongside Turtle Creek I found a colorful patch of wild sunflowers growing at the edge of the treeline. I suppose I should say they found me because their bright flowers got my attention from a block away.

Spider Friend
Towards the end of summer and lasting through fall is their time to show off their golden beauty. The first frost will be the show stopper.

Phases and Stages
Some were in prime bloom while others were past. Many were standing just off stage getting ready for their big performance of showy color.

My Best Side
I wonder how many ways there are to photograph a sunflower or any flower for that matter? Each year seems the colors are brighter, the petals more perfect, and the amount of blooms are more numerous. I suppose as long as we have cameras and flowers, we will always find and try a new way to present our finds.

"Spilled Sunflowers"
Reaching over eight feet high; the weight of the many flowers became too much for the slender stalks that supported them. A natural occurrence that provided a photo-op. It appeared to me that the tumble of flowers was spilled from a gatherer's basket.


"SEENS"
five 

8 comments:

  1. they're lovely and in fine shape, yet. ours are pretty much all spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to find a field of sunflowers like these to photograph. Perhaps I'll go out prowling early tomorrow morning to try my luck. Your photos have brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very photogenic flowers, nice find! Perfect pictures to dig out mid February when it's cold and dark outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful examples of how to photograph a flower. Nice find and excellent job capturing natures beauty at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! You have some fine collection of the flower shots lately. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunflower photos? Those are supposed to come from my neck of the woods! LOL

    Very bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!