Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Where's Toto?


I'm not in Kansas any more but I I'm finding sunflowers on the island.

They started growing the sunflowers here last year. The flowers were planted by the Maui Bio-diesel company in some of the old sugar cane fields. I'm not sure if they are actually using them for bio-diesel or something else but it does make for a strange site!

I was about a week late getting this shot because the flowers, except for one or two, had lost there color and on their way to drying out.

4 comments:

  1. This is good shot! I can't wait to see for you to come back to this place on the a full blooms. Sorry guys for not visiting this blog lately! I have been busy at work for working 15 hours a day in the past 4 weeks. It looks like I'm going to be doing this for the next few weeks. However, I will try to drop by to make my 2 cents on your photos. Happy shooting everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries on lots of work, make hay while the sun shines as they say!
      Did you get a chance to see and photograph the eclipse?

      Delete
    2. I agree, no worries. Work is work. You have to make money to survive, and go to Hawaii!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting find! That would be quite the sight if they ever replanted vast tracts of these where the pineapples used to be...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!