Sunday, September 20, 2009

Slow waterfall...

Ordinarily getting this effect is no big deal... Go out find a dimly lit scene with water, put your camera on a tripod, set the apature to a really big number and push the shutter button. Easy!

Just for kicks while in Waikiki I thought I would try a slow water scene hand held in full bright daylight. (I must have been bored or something). So I set the ISO as low as it would go, set the apature as high as it would go, held my breath and gingerly pushed the shutter button. A few moments later the shutter closed shut and I had a blury mess!

Not one to back down from an interesting personal challenge I tried again, and finally on the 4th or 5th shot I got this! Not much of a picture really but makes for a good story.

1 comment:

  1. If you had an ND filter these kinds of shots would be easier! LOL

    I remember back 20 years ago I could hand hold a long shot without any problem. Now-a-days I need a tripod AND a VR lens to get a good shot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!