Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The things you see............

When you go wondering around in the mountains you occasionally come across some odd things. Actually, it happens more often than you would think.

I came across this strange rock formation in the mountains just outside of Mesa, Arizona. It looked like a serpant's head to me standing up all on it's own. The photo doesn't do it justice because the rock formation is about eight feet tall standing on the edge of a small outcropping of rock.

It's always possible this was man made, a century or two earlier, but either way I found it to be interesting so I took a photo.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say you found yourself a "Petroglyph" or "Culturally modified" rock. That is to say someone carved on it at some time to make it look like it does. Great find! Good picture too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!