Thursday, June 17, 2010

Just Fiddiling Around

While camped out in my travel trailer at my favorite campsite in South West Oklahoma decided to visit Caprock Canyons State Park in West Texas. Rent was due by 3PM the next day. Motivation for move was a park I had never visited plus new hiking trails my feet needed to walk. On the way I happened on to Turkey, Texas.
The Welcome Mat was out at the edge of town. I was still learning the basic functions of my new Nikon. So made these feeble attempts of recording my "places visited".
Needless to say but these friendly folks are very Proud of their Native Son and rightly so. I was raised hearing "The Playboys" on the radio before we had our first TV.(1953). D-M,,,,I must have been born when they put the bark on the trees in Oklahoma!!!

Their Museum at the old highschool honoring Bob Wills is worth your time." Free Admission,Donations Accepted"
No,I'm not on the chamber or have any ties. Just a town with photo opportunities for a Pro or novice like myself. ( I am trying to move up in the rankings)!! mp
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I've head of being older than dirt but never older than the bark on a tree! LOL

    I'd say you are learning pretty fast with that Nikon. The top photo is especially nice with the blue sky and clouds in the background. It gives it a nice contrast and some color.

    Nice commentary on the photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice group of photographs and wonderfull commentary!

    OK I admit I had to look on the internet to find out who Bob Wills was...
    But doing so brought back some wonderful memorys of playing 45s on my Grandparents big old wood cabinet RCA back in the mid 60s. One of those songs I played over and over was "San Antonio Rose" by Bob Wills.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!