Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The wicked witch is dead!


I have to admit that even for me, this is a little wierd. I went on a little hike yesterday, which in hind sight wasn't the smartest thing to do because when I started out early in the morning it was already 80 degrees with full sun and by the time I got to where I wanted to be about two hours later it was 97 with full sun and 60% humidity. It ended up being 100 by the time I got back to the car with a heat index of 105. It really sucked yesterday!
During my hike I came across a pair of four inch high heel shoes. Now mind you I wasn't walking on a trail or even anywhere near a trail. I was way off the beaten path and more than a mile from the nearest road or parking area. You can see in the second photo that I was out a ways so I'm not sure how or why these shoes came to be where they were.
When I found the second one I fully expected to find some human remains also because anybody dumb enough to wear those shoes in the mountains would probably never make it out.
I'm glad to say I didn't find a body but I'm still perplexed as to why anyone would even attempt to walk in this area with these kinds of shoes. Even more perplexing is how they got out of the area without the shoes.
People really do some strange things!

2 comments:

  1. ??????? UH ??????


    Strange going ons in those Mountains!!mp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a couple of shoes under these circumstances would leave me a little spooked! Like yourself I would be expecting to find a body to go with... Very wierd!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!