Sunday, July 18, 2010

Staying with the wildlife theme


As I was moving around with my camera trying to get close enough to get a good photo I realized that even at ISO 3200 I was still going to need my flash. Making some quick adjustments (gotta love that D300!) I popped up the flash and took some shots.

As I moved around my enviroment I found that there were more and more things to photograph, I just needed to watch my step.


The animals were everywhere and all I had to do is be in the right spot!


And then somebody tapped me on the shoulder and asked what kind of camera I was using. I was after all in a museum taking photos of taxidermied animals. They are a lot easier to photograph since they don't move! :~)


These were all taken in the Chisolm Trail Heritage Center in Duncan, Oklahoma.

Thanks to my firend Mark Crutcher for pointing us in the right direction and taking care of the admission fee!

4 comments:

  1. You got me! I thought you were encountering the animals in the wild! Phew!! Good shots nonetheless. Thanks for dropping by Levonne's Pretty Pics and leaving a message. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very good way to spend some time inside in the A/C during these triple digit temps we are baking under. Plus new learned knowledge is always nice!

    Great pics and story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To start with I was really impressed with your great range of photographs. Ron has really come into his own I was thinking... Then you went and ruined it by letting on it was a taxidermy museum... LOL Great shots anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, I was just trying to catch you off guard a little! Toss out the line, set the hook and reel you in!

    It wasn't a taxidermy museum, they just had some of the local wildlife taxidermied for the tourist to see that normally won't get out of their cars and hike.

    Although a taxidermy museum isn't a bad idea ... LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!