Monday, July 19, 2010

Young Bald Eagle

Talk about being in the right place at the right time with my camera gear! Found this young Eagle sitting on a piling about 30 feet from me and in no hurry to fly away either.

Using the 120-400 I actually had to pull back to 12omm just to get him completely in the photograph (see top photo this posting). The other bonus is that for the first time ever I had the monopod with me and was learning to use it with this lens... Guess I have it figured out now! LOL

Going to be pretty tough to top this opportunity and set of pictures from it!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You did it again. The sharpness, and the composition is the BEST. The wet feathers makes these photos more interesting. Good work Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, most excellent eagle photos!!!

    The setting was perfect with the blue water in the background and you're right, you may go years without ever getting that opportunity again.

    Very nice! And with a monopod??? You must really be trying to up your game a little! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What excellent photos!!

    Paul these are definately magazine quality along with your last eagle post a few weeks back.

    You have really gave yourself a challange to top these. I believe you are up to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!