Sunday, May 24, 2009

Building Mural

I came across this mural of a Civil War scene on the side of a building in Ironton, MO. I cropped the photo down to just the mural so I could get it as big as I could. Since this shot is so wide it still isn't easy to see all of the detail in the small, blog size photo.

The town had several murals on different buildings and there were a couple of other towns along the way that had taken up this type of art also. I'm not sure if it was for Southern pride or tourist dollars.

1 comment:

  1. Great shot! Cropping to the size of the mural is a good idea.

    Chemanus a former mill town where my parents now live found its self without a mill some years ago. In an effort to reinvent its self it invited mural painters to paint the town, they did in a big way! Chemanus is now famous for it's murals. Google it if you have nothing else to do sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!