Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Land of Lincoln and Gunslingers

When I was traveling this past weekend I passed through the town of Monmouth, IL. To my surprise there was some historical significance to this little town. It was the birth place of Wyatt Earp. The home he was born in is still standing in the town. Some entrepreneur had turned the home into a musem and as you can see from the photo there is an addition on the right side of the home now. I guess the original home wasn't big enough for a museum and a gift shop! The owners were kind enough to paint the original part of the home white and the addition tan so you would know what was what.

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't you just love to poke around the attic or scour the grounds with a good metal detector in a place like that!
    In school I didn't appreciate history but I can't get enough of it now!
    Very cool that you have the chance to travel around and see places like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!