Sunday, December 18, 2011

The elusive "Green Flash"



"Ever gazed upon the green flash, Master Gibbs?"
"I reckon I've seen my fair share. Happens on rare occasion; the last glimpse of sunset, a green flash shoots up into the sky. Some go their whole lives without ever seeing it. Some claim to have seen it who ain't. And some say—"
"It signals when a soul comes back to this world, from the dead!
"
(Excerpt from "Pirates of the Caribbean")

So here it is... The elusive green flash just at sunset! Other than being cropped and resized for the internet this picture is as shot. What a rare and special treat to have seen this and a complete bonus to have captured it with the camera!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote!

    I feel as if something very special has been witnessed. A beautiful as is and pure photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now I am extremely jealous!!

    I have heard that this is a rare thing to see and even harder to photo. I had planned on spending several nights on my upcoming trip trying to get this kind of photo.

    Great job and simply amazing!!

    Did you have to take several shots in a row to get it or was it there long enough to grab the camera and shoot and catch it on the first shot?

    This really is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!