Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Running with the pack


I took this shot about a year ago while in the restricted area so my equipment was limited. I was a long way off and these girls were moving fast so I couldn't use the Q method of shooting with a tripod. I did have a monopod attached to the Sigma 150-500mm lens which made holding the lens steady a little easier.

I'm guessing these elk were about 250-300 yards away and this was shot at full zoom with the Sigma and then the photo was cropped about 50% in CS4.

6 comments:

  1. Got to love those long lens and being able to crop also. Hope you took the tour bus and not an under the fence approach to get this pic! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under the fence? I would never! Maybe OVER the fence, but never under!! Too hard to get under with the backpack. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent color in this shot I almost missed these young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice action shot! It seems to me you have made a good investment on this lens. Good shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sharp image! Especially under the circumstances and the fact that it is cropped too. Gotta love that Sigma Image Stabilization!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!