Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dancing With A Prickly Pear


Capitol Visit
3

Sticky Situation
Pardons to the sculptress, but Dancing With a Prickly Pear was the first thing that came to mind as I walked up to this statue. That bronc and rider have got themselves in one heck of a fix! 


Tribute to Range Riders
Standing at the Capitol entrance is an intricately detailed bronze by Constance Whitney Warren. A sculptress of Paris,France and New York. A Tribute To The Romantic Riders of the Range. Dedicated in 1930.


1st Sculpture installed on Capitol grounds.
Spent some time studying this bronze and have to say the sculptress had a great eye for detail. A fitting tribute to all the men who drove Longhorns up the trails to the rail heads in Kansas from Texas and through Oklahoma!




7 comments:

  1. ouch! you're right with your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one nice looking sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aye ye ye, I'd be reared up too if I was a horse on top of a prickly pear cactus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing thing how people travel on those early days. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that first shot. The clouds add a little textrue to it. I've danced with a prickly pair once or twice in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dancing with a prickly pear takes on a whole new meaning after seeing this magnificent sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sculpture really speaks to me! I love it!! Thanks for the information. It really adds to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!