Monday, April 4, 2011

I Otter know better...

As I was tying my boat up a couple of days ago I noticed a couple of Otters on a nearby dock, so I got my camera out and took a dozen pictures or so before they noticed I was looking and disappeared into the water. Only one little problem... The last time I had used the camera I forgot to put the settings back where I normally keep them! The Otters were totally overexposed! Thankfully I was able to salvage a few of the pictures using Photoshop. The moral of my story? Always, always put your camera back to its usual settings and always check before you start shooting to make sure you did!

2 comments:

  1. Very good advice indeed. If I can remember, I usually try to put my settings back to Auto just in case a quick shot presents itself.

    Photoshop saved the day! Sure is nice of you folks up there to save a posted spot on the dock for these little guys to 'Sun'.

    NICE SAVE !! GOOD ADVICE !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I otter know better", That's pretty funny!!!

    Man, all of these rules and things to remember, I'll never have time to take all of the photos I want. LOL

    That is good advice. Now, If I will just heed that advice!

    Unfortunately I have done the same thing a few times myself only I wasn't able to salvage the photos. As I grow as a photographer I am learning to look at things differently and pay more attention to what I am doing.

    It was soooo much easier when I was shooting in auto. LOL The D300 has made me a more conscientous photographer since it doesn't have an auto setting, which may be a good and bad thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!