Monday, April 11, 2011

Well.......

I did say I was playing with NX2 and Elements. I didn't get as lucky as you might think when it comes to the hula girl. You see, I had a photo of the beach and I went from there. This is how the original photo looked.

I then painted the goofy looking tourist and a couple of other people in the background out of the photo and made some color and contrast adjustments so it would look like this.

I then took a picture of a picture (one we have on a wall at home) and cut the hula girl out of it and put her in the photo above.

After that I did a little blending around the edges of the cut out hula girl, added a filter from Nikon's Efex Pro 3.0 and then framed it in Elements 7. That gave me the finished picture below.

I guess you can tell I had a little extra time on my hands yesterday! LOL

7 comments:

  1. YOU SIR, Are becoming Quite Tricky in your advancing years! ( Now what did you say you just did?) LOL

    All these differant programs, I'll never know what to believe in a picture again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Advancing years"???? You're only as old as you feel!

    OK, advancing years it is! LOL

    You can blame it all on Paul. He started it with the two rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Verrry tricky for an old guy... I'm going to have to watch you closely!

    You might have a hula girl on the beach but I don't see that she has any nice camera lenses with her... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, that's funny Paul!! I had just gone to the hawaiidigicam site a few days ago to see if anything new had been posted and noticed that photo of yours is still the highest viewed photo on there.

    Do you think they are really looking at the camera lens? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you know the photographer of the original print? I have been desperately trying to find this picture for my home as well. And the one you created is very nice as well. =) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photographer who took the original photo is Randy J Braun.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!