Friday, November 8, 2013

Drying out...


Had a fair bit of rain overnight and into the morning. Typical November weather for the West Coast. After the rain was mostly done I spotted this poor fellow drying his feathers and took a few pictures.

7 comments:

  1. Poor guy. Hope he found shelter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look a bit bedraggled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor bedraggled youngster! still so darn regal, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He doesn't look very happy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Now there's one soaked youngster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very detail picture, well composed shot. How far are you from the bird?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this shot I was about 70 feet away using the Sigma 120-400 in spot meter mode. One regret, unknown to me at the time the camera was set at ISO 3200 and the picture came out a little grainy. The final picture is a 25% crop of the original image leaving the other 75% on the cutting floor...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!