Sunday, December 12, 2010

BEDAZZLED


Early Winter Day. Warm Temps. High Sun. 2PM.

Visited Lake Overholser Dam. Just a short 10 minute drive east . Since becoming interested in photography once again, thought a pic or two might present itself!

Walking across the Dam noticed the Pigeons were very active. One stomp of the foot would send them flying over the backwaters! Lighting was not ideal.

Sun was shining fully into lens. Circular Polarizer had been in use for earlier pics. What should I do? Left CP on lens, set camera to 1/1250s---66mm(55-200mm stock lens)------F5.6--at ISO200.

Bedazzled, I went for the shot! I like it! Hope you do to!

Crop and Frame was the only edit!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Great capture particularly "in light" of the fact that there was so much "light" involved! (Sorry couldn't help myself...) LOL You're getting pretty good at that photography thing.

    The bird book I have identifies these birds as Rock Doves and goes on to say that they were introduced from Europe. (I didn't know that). Aparently Cesar, Hannibal and Alexander the Great all used pigeons as messengers. This was also done in both the First and Second World wars too. Interesting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great shot! If you hadn't said anything about the dam I would have thought you were flying above them.

    I think the light and sparkling water is what makes the shot. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you coverted this picture to B&W. Looking forward to see more of the wildlife photos from you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!