Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mark Twain reminisces

For me its balmy airs are always blowing, its summer seas flashing in the sun; the pulsing of its surf is in my ear; I can see its garlanded crags, its leaping cascades, its plumy palms drowsing by the shore, its remote summits floating like islands above the cloud-rack; I can feel the spirit of its woody solitudes, I hear the plashing of the brooks; in my nostrils still lives the breath of flowers that perished many years ago.- Mark Twain, a Biography

3 comments:

  1. Great notes, and great job on the photoshop. I feel like I'm in the year of 1950's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And I just wanted to get a massage, have a cocktail and sit on the beach to wathc the sun go down! LOL

    Nice commentary. I agree with Q, it looks like the 50's and it still looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sepia looks nice. Liked the paragraph from Mark Twain. Seems as if he captured the feel for the Islands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!