Monday, October 7, 2013

Another failed attempt

Well I went out yesterday evening hoping to catch a meteor on camera. The Draconid meteor shower isn't as spectacular as the Perseid shower but none the less I thought I would give it a shot. So, after sitting for a hour and seeing 10-15 of them, sure that I had captured at least one, the buffer on my camera filled up. After looking at all of the images, I didn't even get one. I was also hoping to make another short video clip with all of the images, but a couple of passing by trucks messed that up. I didn't walk away empty handed. The first image is where I set up to try and capture the meteors. The second and third images I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the barns silhouette while driving home. I used a very bright surefire flashlight to "paint" the barn into the picture. These were all shot using a Sigma 10-20 lens at f/4, 30 second exposures ISO 2000. 


6 comments:

  1. To bad you did not catch a meteor as planned. But the night shots you did catch are excellent. Your milky way and painted barn shots are creative as well as interesting. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love your painted with light shots of the barn!
    Too bad you missed the meteors... Oh well next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with everybody else, these are great. I especially like the barn shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But, you didn't come home empty handed! These are great! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are breathtaking anyway. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I so adore # 3 with the house in background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!