Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's Official. . .


Moving SUCKS!!!

We spent three days and two different trips loading up two trucks and two trailers in 106 degree temps just to get here and unload during a thunderstorm. Fun was had by all! LOL

It will be a few more days before I am organized enough to start posting regularly again (plus I need to get out and take some photos) but I am slowly getting things back to being where they should.

This photo was taken on the morning of my last hike in the Wichitas, at least until this fall when I go back to do some more "hiking". The temps were headed to over 100 on this day so I actually got out of bed early to go hiking just to beat the heat. Some things were found that may make my life easier this winter providing I have the brain power to turn the information into something useful.

3 comments:

  1. FLASH!!! FLASH!!!

    Rare Photo of a Sunrise captured by The Roving Reporter from the camera of the Mountain Gazzette photo journalist Ron. On the last day before departure to the Eastern Plains of Kansas, He delighted his loyal followers with a ' Farewell Pic until Fall' showing a well composed and dramatic shot of a Sunrise in the Wichitas.

    Observers and readers of this publication are anxlously awaiting what this 'Photographer on the Fly' will bring to their doorstep from the reaches of 'Toto and Dorothy' !! LOL

    Glad you had a safe move and will miss you both on my trips to the Refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your take on moving! Next time I have to move anywhere I'm only taking what will fit in the truck and travel trailer. Our ultimate plan is to will the house and everything in it to our kids and they can deal with everything! LOL

    Beautiful sunrise you captured and nice frame for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you, and Cheryl have a safe trip back home. Hopefully, I will join you on a hiking trip in the Fall. By the way, I like the lighting, and the colors on this picture. Make sure to pack this lens in your Hawaii trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!