Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sailing The Canal

Tacking
 
Finished the inside sculpture exhibit and was walking the canal path to the outside exhibit when I ran across this neat little sailboat just sailing along. Cutting from one angle to the other just like the big boys do running a regatta.
 
  
Smooth Sailing
 
The Skipper and crew were sitting on shore directing all the movements of the boat by remote control. Noticed a fleet of six that could be rented by the hour or half hour. Think I will bring my grand daughter sometime and we will go sailing. Or I might just come back and Sail My Ship Alone. Either way would be fun!
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You would be most welcome. We could have a race!

      Delete
  2. A remote controlled sail boat, that's a new one for me. I think I coul ddo that for a few minutes and then it would loose it's luster for me. Now sailing on a real sailboat I could do. As long as it was on a lake and not the ocean! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find Parker! These look like a lot of fun to sail, and no propeller to wreck either! LOL

    What an interesting niche business this entrepreneur has created with these rental sailboats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you and your daughter would have a lot of fun doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!