Friday, September 27, 2013

"Seen" A Climbing Tree

American Sycamore
Symmetrical, standing alone, room to grow. A young tree! A safe estimate of height would probably be 40' feet. Just a mere measure of it's potential of a 100 feet plus.


An Invitation To Climb
What young boy or girl with an adventuring spirit could resist these accommodating smooth steps to the Heavens?  (Admission!) Just had to climb a few limbs up because I could!

  
Almost To The Top!
When climbing all one sees is the bottom of leaves. Coming down from a climb the next foothold or handhold takes precedence! I wonder what the tops of the leaves look like?


SEENS
six

7 comments:

  1. Well, there's one way to find out, Parker. Start climbing! Randy's right about the tree; it's a beautiful specimen of the natural world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cute. love the viewpoint. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, I haven't given any thought to climbing a tree since I was 13 maybe 14 years old... Used to be a favorite past time too! I guess my attention must have turned to other things, what a shame. Thanks Parker for reminding me of this most excellent pursuit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun tree to climb. I would give it a try to see how high I could get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Paul, I haven't thought about climbing a tree in many, many years. It's definitely a young persons game. I think the last time I climbed a tree I fell out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!