Saturday, November 3, 2012

Sunset on the Kansas Prairie


Two nights ago Cheryl and I were coming back from town and saw this sunset so I stopped to take a couple of photos. I knew Tex hadn't seen a sunset photo in almost two weeks now and I didn't want her to forget what they look like. LOL


These top two photos were taken with the Nikon P7700 using the internal nuetral density filter with the camera set on aperture priority and f8.


When we got home the windmill was lit up nicely so I got the D700 out to take a few more photos.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors in the sunsets. The P7700 captured your scene flawlessly!

    The windmill makes a perfect symbol to represent the prairies of the great plains and you presented it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright, alright. beauty, beauty, beauty... blah, blah. :)

    that windmill is SUH-WEET! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, all nice captures! I really like the windmill photo. I agree with Parker on the symbolism of the windmill on the prairies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Internal ND filter! Good job by Nikon engineer, why they didn't have this function on the DSLR? What other filters You have on your p7700?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The internal ND filter is just 2 stops but it is something and that's the only "filter" that comes with the camera. I bought a UV filter for the lens just to protect it and I bought a CPL filter too. They are small though, 40.5mm which makes them easy to carry around.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!