Sunday, April 14, 2013

Don't bug me!



 
These are some extreme crops from the Nikon D800 and by extreme I mean about 95% crop! As you can see, the D800 isn't very forgiving if you are off even the slightest in your focusing. The first shot is with the Nikon 105mm "micro" lens hand held. The second and third shots were taken hand held using the Nikon 28-300mm lens at 300mm and about one foot away from the bugs.
 
The focusing issues were probably from me hand holding the camera in 20mph plus winds. The high resolution of the D800 shows every little flaw in the photo. This is going to make me have to work harder for those really good photos!

8 comments:

  1. 95% crop on my photos wouldn't get you anything identifiable, so kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cropping, this is where 36 megapixels are going to shine, nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ladybugs, they just make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first shot! Excellent detail for such a tight crop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can produce a good detail photo with a such a crop like this, you don't need a 600mm. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tight crops they are! Ladybugs are good to have around; the big old housefly needs swatted! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. 36.3 megapixels make some amazing crops! Can't wait to see what else you can come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!