Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Moth or Butterfly?


A quick look on the internet gives some clues to look at.

- Butterflies have antenna with knobs on the ends, moths have plain or feather like antenna.
- Butterflies are usually active during the day, moths at night.
- Butterflies rest with their wings up, moths with their wings laid out flat.
- Butterflies have slender, hairless bodies, moths have a fat abdomen and furry bodies.
- Butterflies are usually more colorful than moths though not always.

So is it a moth of butterfly? Got me buffaloed!


4 comments:

  1. I don't know...
    But nice B&W butterfly...
    :-)

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say butterfly unless you were out at night with a flash. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know either, but from what I can see of the antenna, my vote is moth? I do know that it's colorful, intricate pattern, looks very nice sitting on the new spring leaf!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!