Saturday, April 20, 2013

Palm Trees In Wyoming?


A day or two ago our friend Ron of Shutterbug fame was in need of a palm tree fossil. I couldn't find a whole tree but I did remember photographing the leaf of a Sabal Palm in the Devon Tower Rotunda. It was a large piece of art and I doubt they would want to part with it!



I also had the foresight to even take a pic of the accompanying description. Somewhere there might even be the trunk of a palm tree to go with this leaf. I will let you know if I ever find one. The search goes on!

4 comments:

  1. Good recall Parker but I doubt Ron will be able to talk anyone into parting with that particular palm leaf.

    It's always good to have a mental catalogue of each and everyone of your pictures and what file they are in! Unlike myself... Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! Those palm trees may return in Wyoming 50 million years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're gettin' good Parker! Now just find me a mai tai! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!