Saturday, April 6, 2013

Moving Pictures


I have been so busy the last couple of weeks I haven't had time to take photos or edit old photos or do much commenting on other blogs. Being sick really put me behind. I'm ready for a vacation!!
 
This is one of the many waterfalls you find along the Road to Hana. It's a little noisy so you might want to turn your sound down. I figured I would post a "moving picture" just to figure out how to do it.
 
I shot this with the Nikon P7700 and it was only after I shot it that I realized that I had hit the exposure button and over exposed the shot. I need to learn to check that wheel everytime I use the camera because I have a bad habit of moving it just about everytime. That's one of the very few things I don't like about the camera.

5 comments:

  1. The P7700 video looks pretty good! Video adds a whole new dimension to capturing the feel of a place.

    Ron your new D800 will shoot 1080p same as my D7100. Be interesting to see what we can come up with video wise. I'm looking forward to taking and posting more video if we ever get better internet out here in the sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much video I will shoot with it. I'm sure I will shoot some but being able to shoot video is just an added bonus that I could have lived without. Maybe I'm just old but a DSLR is supposed to be for taking photos, kind of like a cell phone is supposed to be for phone calls. I'm getting cranky in my old age!

      The D800 didn't arrive yesterday like it was supposed to and now the tracking number says it will be here on Monday. Hopefully I can get out and play with it some once it gets here. I have a feeling I will have a lot of learning to do.

      Delete
    2. The video was nice but I still believe my camera does not need a video feature. And getting old and cranky is not part of the picture. I agree with you on this one. We have video equipment and we have picture taking (DSLR) cameras. Mixing the two I've always felt one or the other gets short changed when trying to put to much variety in a camera. Give me one or the other. I like them both!!

      Delete
  2. You're killing me softly by showing this video to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!