Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Full flaps...


Caught this shot just as the Eagle was about to land, lighting was over my shoulder in the perfect position for good light with a bit of definition. Took this with the Nikon 18-300 at 300mm and cropped it to about half it's original size.
Funny now that I'm looking for birds in flight to practice taking pictures of none seem to be around! I'm thinking they all had their fill when the herring were in a few weeks ago and have gone to sleep it off... Ha ha!

6 comments:

  1. Great title and I love the shot. You'd think you could find something besides an eagle to take picture of though. LOL Damn eagles!!

    At a 50% crop you still have a lot of very clear detail in the shot. I think the new camera is going to produce some very nice images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what your D800 can do! With 36mp to play with you will be able to do huge crops and still have very detailed images.

      Delete
    2. You and me both! I got the shipping confirmation on it today and I'm hoping it will be here by Friday.

      Delete
  2. Crisp and sharp pic. The full feather fan on wings and tail makes an interesting shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!