Saturday, April 20, 2013

Finally got me a Cougar!



This afternoon I was headed down a little used road to a small beach near my home. Lo and behold a Cougar! Fortunately my camera was beside me on the seat of the truck and I was able to get a half dozen shots off before it disappeared into the bush beside the road. This was pure point and shoot with whatever settings the camera happened to be at type photography! 

In all honesty, in all the years I've lived here on the coast I probably haven't seen 10 cougars yet, they are very elusive creatures! What a treat to have actually gotten a few pictures of one!

10 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am a huge fan of big cats, and I can imagine what a thrill this must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunnig pictures. I love cougar.. Puma en español..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's amazing! i think you're the first blogger i know to actually post some in the wild - in their back yard, practically!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finding! My heart rate would off the scale if I see one these big cat. Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good going Paul. Glad you had a camera with you!

    Not every day does a muscular big cat like this specimen get spotted. Suspect it was just as surprised as you were!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the comments. Yes Q my heart was racing after that! I'm definitely treating this as a once in a life time opportunity and yes Parker I'm sure glad I had my camera right there beside me ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man! Eagles, cougars, what next??? LOL

    These are great! I would love to get the chance to photograph a big cat in the wild. Are you sure you weren't throwing steak out your truck window?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!