Friday, March 29, 2013

Pictures from today...



Yesterday I found myself "Down Island" in the bright lights of Campbell River a 3 hour drive South from my home. Campbell River is the nearest town with "Big Box" stores and is big enough to support two well equipped photography stores. Long story short one of the photo stores had just received their first D7100 which I promptly purchased.


Today I spent a few hours bonding with the new camera body and my existing lenses. The first three pictures are all photoshopped, cropped and resized.


The remaining photos are all as shot out of the camera except for resizing. First the clam shells and two fairly tight crops of the shells.




 And lastly a little lawn Daisy and a tight crop from it. Please note all pictures were handheld.



Needless to say I am very pleased with my purchase and the results I'm getting with the new D7100!

6 comments:

  1. hi!!!.. Great macro and beautiful panoramic and cormorants.. love this bird.. Happy esater...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas came early!! Congrats on the camera. It looks like it is going to do a really nice job. Just happend to be in a twon with two camera stores eh? Hmmmmm. LOL

    The crops are really nice. Lots of detail and no pixelation. Now all you have to do is learn how to use a tripod! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now how's a fellow supposed to take snapshots if he has a tripod hanging off the bottom of his camera all the time... Ha ha!

      Delete
  3. These are great but that first photograph is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the New Camera! Quite a variety of subjects shot for the first day. I agree with Randy, amazing first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first shot! I'm glad that everyone are getting a new toy, and having a good time with it. Now, all I have to do is sit back and enjoy those beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!