Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Looking up


I took a little stroll with the Sigma 10-20mm lens yesterday and decided to look up. I really wanted to lay on the ground and get the extra six feet or so of space but we had gotten another couple of inches of rain the night before and it was a little soggy to be laying on the ground.

I think this would have been a good place to experiment with the ND filters but I didn't have them with me. I may have to go back and see if I can bring out more detail in the trees without the sky being so bright.

4 comments:

  1. That Sigma lens delivers some great pics!

    It would be interesting to see what the ND filters would do. But I really like the stark and abstract feel to this graphic almost B&W pic.

    As far as laying on the ground watch out for poison ivy and the ticks!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture! Looking at this picture it practically beggs to be cropped in a circle!

    (Now that crazy Paul is talking about crop circles...) No not that! I mean have it a circular format rather than a rectangluar one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, if you haven't try on the apature 16 or 22, and spot metering on the tree. I think this setting will bring out the detail of the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Quyhn Le. I will have to give that a try. I'm still learning all of the tricks and sometimes I forget half the stuff my camera will actually do!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!