Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wind on yer stern quarter.

Home stretch, only a mile to go before tying up for the afternoon.

Looks like summer is finally here to stay for awhile. Typically the mornings are calm then come about mid day the afternoon Westerly wind until sunset. If it was like this year around up here we could really give Hawaii a run for it's money!

Shot this with the Sigma 120-400 at 400 handheld. For all the range the 120-400 has I shoot at 400mm 90% of the time... Perhaps I should have bought a 400mm prime lens instead!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm! For the past few photos that I have seen from Paul. It seems to me someone has found a Mate to play around with. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure enjoy your photos of the boats and waters of the NW. I can almost feel and smell the spray of the water!

    Living on the great plains as I do this is a treat to get a glimpse of a different way of life!

    Sometimes that small 10% is the part that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I say you can never have too much camera equipment! Maybe a 500 prime next time??

    I like the photo and narrative but Hawaii? Now you're just dreaming! LOL

    Where you on the water or the shore when you shot this, just curious about how much movement was going on. Do you have a CP filter for the 120-400mm? With all of the water and sky you shoot you might benifit from one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!