Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Too much water!

The in-laws are here for a week (can you feel my joy?) and I had to play tour guide for the mountains yesterday. We made a couple of stops along the way so I could take a few photos. I was driving after all so they didn't have much of a choice. :~)

This top photo is the side of a mountain where there is normally no water at all. It was rushing down from the top of the mountain from the four inches of rain we got the day before.


This is the dam to one of the many small lakes out here. They normally just have a little water trickling over the spillway but for the last few days the water has been rushing over by the barrel. Had I not been playing tour guide I would have climbed into the valley below the dam and got some better photos. 

6 comments:

  1. I don't think we're thru with the rain yet!

    These rains will freshen up all the all the Lakes.

    Nice photo of Post Oak.(Or is it Treasure?) LOL

    Did you happen to go down to see how much Post Oak Falls was running? mp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one I call Post Oak. Didn't get up to the falls because I had a car full of people waiting on me.

    I'm sure it is probably running hard based on all of the other falls I saw that aren't even supposed to be there. The creeks are up high enough and running fast enough that you wouldn't even want to try to cross them unless it was an absolute "have to" type situation.

    Post Oak falls wouldn't probably make a pretty good shot right now though. Hmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4" is a pile of rain even here on the West Coast! Nice pictures and commentary to go with. The bottom picture definately invites exploration to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pic#1
    Sometimes I wonder what gathers at the end of these flows??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would be wondering about the crevices along the way to the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the second one the most. It looks like an old west photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!