Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sharing the waterways



Ocean going tug Seaspan Commodore and log barge Seaspan Survivor.

Depending on position and circumstances one vessel or other will have the "Right of way" while the other vessel has to "Give way".

I have always used the time tested rule of thumb that the bigger boat can destroy the smaller boat if it gets in the way! My intact boat and I are living proof that this method works! LOL

Took both pictures with the Sigma 120-400. Top picture was at 120mm.

3 comments:

  1. These photos shows a lot of details. Very good investment Paul, and another excelent photos. I suppose these are handheld again! I need to steer away from Nikor lenses, and start looking into other brand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always heard of the "Big Boat Rule"

    Pristene looking waters there in,( is this fresh water or an inlet from the sea)?

    Bright colors on the Tug and Maple Leaf flying over it.

    As I've said before those Sigma Lens sure aid the photographer! mp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos. I especially like the top one. The reds and white in the boat contrast perfectly against the surrounding water and trees. The boat really pops out at you.

    Very nice!

    I would assuming you were "giving way" at the time the photos were taken! LOL

    I guess by "intact boat" you don't include the propellor? :~)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to look at our blog, we appreciate your comments!